A Message from the Chairman
Dear Friends of One Global Economy,
One Global Economy (OGE) became part of the JK Hassan Foundation, as it continues to pursue its digital inclusion and economic development mission around the world. OGE firmly believes that when individuals are offered the power of information technology in an accessible language and format they can make the informed choices necessary to improve the quality of their lives.
In its first year of operation as part of the Foundation, I’m proud to share with you some of the results:
- More than 2.5 million unique visitors per year visit One Global Economy’s Beehives.
- OGE and partners trained 2,700 Indian youth in digital literacy and professional skills.
- All of the 300 South Africans in the Mobile Entrepreneurs training program created business plans, half now monitor their bank accounts online and/or through SMS alerts.
- OGE supported the launch of 13 community technology centers with partners in India & Mexico. Learn more here.
- With local partners, OGE launched new localized Beehives in Egypt, India, Mexico, & Uganda
In addition, OGE is developing a rigorous methodology to evaluate the social impact of its programs on individuals and communities over time, and creating new partnerships with universities and with UN Women to offer the power of information technology to the widest cross section of society possible.
Our results wouldn’t be possible without your continued interest and support. For that, all of us at the JK Hassan Foundation and OGE thank you.
Javad K. Hassan
Chairman of the Board
This holiday season, consider contributing to or spreading the word about OGE’s entrepreneurship and digital literacy skills-building programs in Mexico and South Africa during the 2013 Year-end Challenge through GlobalGiving.